Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Bunk Beds

Our girls have been wanting bunk beds for a while but being the paranoid mom that I am I kept procrastinating getting them. They went from cribs to toddler beds to twin mattresses on the floor. I was always worried about them falling out of bed and getting hurt. ( I won't even let Rylie ride the bus from school because they don't have seat belts.) I guess I worry too much. Anyway, I got their bedding for the bunk beds a while ago and even painted their room coordinating with the bedding but I never put the quilts on because I didn't want them ruined with the beds on the floor. So we decided to finally get the bunk beds yesterday. I never realized how hard it is to make up bunk beds. The girls were so excited to go to bed. They were the ones who wanted me to take their pictures. They loved their new bedding and had to pose with their pillows. I have tons of cute ideas to decorate their room but if I actually get to it, it will be a miracle. They both had a hard time getting to sleep because they are used to sleeping right next to each other. I had to lay by them for a while until they went to sleep, then Brynlie woke up at about three in the morning and wouldn't go back to sleep until about five. I just hope they get used to the beds soon because I don't know how many sleepless nights I can take.






5 comments:

Jaelynne Francis said...

Sooooo fun! I wish I had bunk beds growing up. My brothers got them. Your girls are so cute! We all have such cute kids. We probably will talk about them our whole retreat because we will miss them. :) Well hopefully you will get some sleep tonight!

R Cadina said...

Yeah!! They are so cute! :0) Cute girls, cute beds, cute bedding. So fun! :0) I really hope that they figure it out soon too. :0) Good luck tonight. I can't wait to come up and see it all!!!

John and Misty said...

So cute! I love the bedding. Yes, I often have big plans and so little time. Maybe we can decorate for our grandkids once we have empty nests?! Good luck with the sleep thing...

The Barth Family said...

What lucky little girls! Your bunk beds are so cute! How come the older kids always get the top bunks?? I can't believe brynners stayed up until 5! i would go crazy! talk to you soon! hope you are doing good on our contest!

Jennifer and Jacob said...

Way cute! I love bunk beds...they take up less floor space in a room. Your girls are so stinkin cute!